Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Some pictures for the folks at home:

I'll write soon, but here are some photos for the time being (I should be studying wolof right now so don't tell!).

Continuing with the trend of epic forms of transportation and stories that will never die, our sept-place (the name is mis-leading as seven seems to be only the minimum - we had nine passengers in ours) broke down a mere 25 km outside of Linguere.


Fortunately we both had our snazzy phones and were able to keep ourselves entertained for the 1.5hours it took for the car to start again. Snake is surprisingly addictive, and Patrick's high score of 2298 will keep us coming back for more.


Speaking of cell phones, here is my shiny new one, complete with arabic lettering. In addition to Snake, this bad boy has a battery that lasts for over 139 hours on standby, 9 hours talk time, is virtually indestructible, and has a flashlight. I'm definitely using this phone when I get home! Oh, and that's a can of gingerale beside the phone - I love all of the arabic versions of drinks you can get over here. Maybe it's just the heat and dehydration talking, but they just seem to taste so much better here!


More to come soon, but I have to go cook supper. Lots of love to everyone back home!

2 comments:

Kevin (Papa Bear) Flanagan said...

Where is the septieme place ?

Literacy at Large said...

Hey Jess, I'm enjoying your blog! Have a wonderful adventure...